Share This Article
With this handy checklist, you can make house maintenance a breeze.
It’s simple to take a laid-back attitude to everything, even house maintenance. So get started on your house maintenance right now. The following is a list of common things to keep in mind. Decide which tasks are the most important to you and start with them. Then divide up the tasks or hire experts to help you make the most of your schedule space.
Checklist for Household Maintenance
• Check the outside of your home for loosened or rotting siding and trim. Wash the siding or brick with high-pressure water. This will aid with the removal of any dust, filth, tree sap, bird droppings, and other debris that may have accumulated around your house and made it seem less than its best.
• Clear the gutters and downspouts of debris. Weather conditions such as storms and strong winds may dump debris in your gutters. Check out roof guttering Malaysia for a service that is both affordable and excellent.
• Restore and refinish any exterior paint that has chipped, cracked, or faded over time. In addition to enhancing the appearance of your house, it will also assist to protect it from the weather.
• Clean the windows on the interior and outside of the house. There is no way to overstate how much more light will pour in and the clarity with which your vision will improve.
• Inspect the tuckpointing on the bricks. In addition, look for fractures or leaks in the foundation. Cracks in a foundation may serve as an entrance point for groundwater, insects, and radon gas, among others. Make any necessary repairs.
• Have your air conditioner inspected and serviced as needed. Regular air conditioning maintenance may help to prolong the life of your machine and may even prevent the need for expensive air conditioning repairs.
• Check for leaks in the windows. Seals on doors and windows should be re-caulked. This may assist you in increasing the energy efficiency of your house.
• Remove blocking mineral deposits and other debris from the faucet traps (the tiny screen at the end of your faucet) to prevent clogs in the future. Simply unscrew the end of the faucet with a pair of pliers, remove the trap, rinse out the dirt, and reinstall the faucet as needed.
• Ensure that the dryer vent and exhaust duct are clean. Clogged dryer vents, which may be caused by lint and dust buildup, might result in a home fire if not cleaned regularly.
• Inspect the play equipment outside. Repair any damage, tighten any loose fittings, then stain, reseal, or repaint as necessary.
• Inspect the perimeter fence. If necessary, reinforce, re-stain, re-seal, or repaint the surface.
• Fill up cracks in a cement pathway or driveway with concrete. Standing water and freezing water that seeps in via cracks may cause significant damage to concrete, despite the fact that it is a tough material.
Because of the warm weather, it is also the ideal to complete activities such as these:
• Replacing outdated windows or front doors with more energy efficient models
• Having your roof replaced
• Removing and replacing a chimney cap
• Floor refinishing,
• Adding skylights in the design
• Constructing a deck or other outside structure